The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting Wednesday September 13 2017


We were up to 11 this week as my son Rhodri was with us too. Pursuing our theme of things unseen I decided we would hae a little look again at angels (by which I mean heavenly creatures of various sorts). We focused on Revelation 4, incorporating references to Ezekiel 1 (and 10) and Isaiah 6. It is always an uplifting and fascinating subject. We had a good time of prayer to follow - plenty to pray for as ever.

No comments: