The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

It was not to be

So we lost in the end. England were the better side but they stole it only in injury time. I guessed we'd had it once they brought on Vardy. (Why they hadn't brought him on until then I cannot imagine). We are at least still in it and the man who scored the winner reads his Bible every day. It is the first time England have come back after going behind in major championship. Paradoxically, it would be great to see England win the competition. I can't really see how Wales can. We'll see.

No comments: