The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting March 23 2016

Wednesday seems a long time ago now. A mixture of busyness and illness has kept me from reporting how we got on until now. As it is Easter week I thought we could look at something relevant to that and so went to John 12:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. That was a good text to get into. There were about 16 of us present and we had a good time of prayer to follow. Some people really know ho to  pray and it is a delight to hear.

No comments: