The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day March 6 2016

A bit late with this but we had a good day Sunday with communion first and two meetings. It was pretty long and demanding as I preached from Revelation 13 in the morning (on the beasts and 666, etc) then the final three chapters of Judges in the evening. Not easy then. Lots of people missing bit others there we've not seen for a while. Not sure if I'm scratching where it itches, which is not my only concern by any means but you do want the messages to go home. And I'm sure it did but with what effect? Anyway it's great to have gone through the fascinating Book of Judges and to be over half way in Revelation.

No comments: