The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Six nations continues

I'm not going to be able to watch any more of the England Ireland game. It looks evenly poised at present. I enjoyed what I saw of the Italy Scotland game. It was pretty close much of the time, even though the 20-36 score line in Scotland's favour does not suggest that. Sadly, the Friday night Welsh game (they beat France 19-10) was not a great game to watch. I found myself saying with everyone else "a win's a win". Indeed, Wales are still unbeaten and technically top of the table. So, as ever, it's all on the England game in Twickenham (on the 12th). There is no real reason why Wales can't do it.

No comments: