The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting December 23 2015

We were about 12 last night, half of them family members. We sang three carols we have not sung yet and I spoke for the last time in the series on the three Rs (Revelation, Redemption and Regeneration). I spoke about church and about revival, which may seem rather ancillary but when a person is regenerated he ought to find fellowship with fellow believers and a revival is when many in one place and at one time are born again. I tried to give Christmas examples. I will share that in another post. We had a good time of prayer with nearly everyone praying. Lots to pray about as ever, including friends in Poland, France, Madagascar and the Philippines.

No comments: