The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Death of Cilla Black


If your my age and at all interested in popular culture the death of Cilla Black is bound to have struck a chord somewhere. I really enjoyed the recent drama portraying her early life and remember some of those early singles and so on. As a young teenager her BBC TV show was a staple in our house. I remember being amazed when T Rex were on there. Not only did they sing a song (Mad Donna) but there was the cheesy duet too. Great moment as the sixties and seventies met.

No comments: