The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day May 4 2014

What a great day it was Sunday to be back in church in Childs Hill after such a  long lay off. We had a good turn out both morning and evening, partly due to visitors. I chose a good day, I guess, as we started with communion, went on with the main service and I felt able to stay for coffee and birthday cake for a five year old in our congregation. Everyone was pleased to see me, I guess, and some were pleasantly surprised. It was also good to see the new windows in the parlour - I must be the last member to see them, a great improvement. Robert preached well from Luke on what follows the Lord's Supper.
The evening meeting with Andrew Hill preaching from Matthew 7 was also really good. It was evangelistic but good for every Christian to here too I was quite tired by then so I left quite soon. We'd had relatives with us for the day, which was also great.

No comments: