The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

I'm home!

So I am home from hospital. No, I'm not planning anything silly like basketball but I am glad to be back here. They were a good bunch in the ward I was on and the professional staff brilliant but I just needed to get out after a week away. I now have to await a date for the big op. Hope it's soon. Thanks for all the emails, Facebook thingies, texts, cards, visits, etc, etc.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Hello Gary,

A scripture for you from the Book of Isaiah 50~

Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. (Isaiah 50:10 KJV)

Be blessed in the Lord Jesus Christ, from your friend, Karl

Gary Brady said...

Oh yes and blog comments - including yours Karl