The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Three Wales

 
I was in Wales again last Monday, for the third time in 12 days. We went to Cardiff on Christmas day and spent the time from then until the Saturday there. I preached back here on the Lord's day and then we headed to Aberystwyth for new year, getting back on the first. Then on the sixth I took my boys Dylan and Dewi back to Cardiff and Swansea, respectively. That's a total of over 900 miles, not including little extras like my wrong turnings. Listened to lots of music and one or two church history lectures. Wales has a good infrastructure and the mountains are worth seeing. We missed the worst of the weather, thankfully.

No comments: