The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Barnet's Latest Idea

Barnet Council are always thinking of ways to spend our money. Their latest idea is that in addition to the grey bin and the green bin that already clutter up our front garden they would add a blue bin to the collection plus a couple of little brown bins (there's another one inside the one you can see in the picture). What we are supposed to do with the black box with the lid and the blue one with the net (lost long ago) I am not sure. Whether there will be a red bin too next year I have no idea. it's certainly boom time for plastics manufacturers. Meanwhile trying to get a refund from them for the overcharge on parking permits is proving quite testing. I applied eight long weeks ago and so far I have heard nothing at all despite their empty promises. There was a time when you could park in your own street for free and you paid for your own bin. That was a long time ago now. I'm not grumbling just observing.

No comments: