The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Old Baptist Chapel Bradford on Avon

I was in Bradford on Avon preaching yesterday. Eleri's sister and her family are members there and over the years we've got to know some members a little and so when I go to preach there it's pretty much home from home. These things are difficult to gauge but I always feel that much prayer has gone up for the preaching and that is such a blessing to know. We left here around eight and had a straight forward journey there, arriving in time for the 11 O'clock service. I preached from 1 Corinthians 2. We had a lovely time with Catrin and Ian in the afternoon and then I preached again at 6.30 pm from Romans 3:23. We were home by 11 pm. Good day.

No comments: