The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

LTS Alumni

Principal Robert Strivens
Garry Williams of the John Owen Centre
Bill James speaking
 
The gathered alumni and present students
Today I was at the first meeting of the LTS Alumni. About fifty gathered with the present students and staff. Philip and Jenny Eveson were there too. We had lunch together and then Nathan Pomeroy chaired and we heard Irving Steggles (Chairman of the Board), Dr Strivens and Dr Williams. Bill James then spoke and we had a time of prayer and a cuppa. Good time indeed. I was the second oldest there (in terms of attending the college - I came in '81). Only Tim Burdon and Andrew Heron are senior. Someone said Mike Plant was there who beats us all but it must have been a flying visit. A bonus was seeing Miguel Pabalito from The Philippines and Clinton Stone (as well as Irving) from South Africa. of course, it was so brief that I didn't get to speak to all the people I wanted to. At least 50 people missing too.

No comments: