The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Gwent Archive Ebbw Vale




I made a brief trip to South Wales last week. I'm not sure I've ever been all the way to Ebbw Vale before  but that was my main destination. That's where they keep the Gwent archive these days in the old general office of the former steel works. I was checking out Micah Thomas there (see my blog here) but also had a chance to say a quick hello to my sister and kids (they were busy playing rounders down by the boating lake). I also went to Abergavenny where Thomas ministered.

No comments: