The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Cassette 01 Rodrigo

Things happen slowly here so I'm just getting round to sorting through my classical cassettes (yes, remember those?) and replacing them with mp3s. This first is John Williams doing the ubiquitous Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez and Fantasia para un gentil hombre. I first saw a Rodrigo album at my Auntie Mavis's in the late sixties. I must have bought this in the late eighties early nineties. Still worth a lesson.

No comments: