The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

ITN Cwmbran




I was watching the news last night when I saw a face I recognised. ITN are speaking to a group of business people and one of them was Chris Sullivan of RBS. He is a year older than me and lived round the corner from where I grew up. I used to swap football pics with his brother. I think I was first aware of him when I saw him dressed as Peter or Gordon for a miming thing we used to do in our school. He hasn't really lost his accent.

Then the very next item showed Danny Gabbidon scoring for QPR in the cup. Another Cwmbran boy I believe.

No comments: