The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Jaber Mag

We are here at the EMW's Aber Conference. No reports from me yet, sorry, though it's been excellent. Our youngest kids and their cousins have been going to the meetings for chiklren and young people (Junior Aber). The older one (Gwion, Iwan and Lydia) made this brilliant seven page magazine which is a great piece of work though not judged the very best of those made. Thanks to Ian Middlemist and Richard Baxter (no, another one) for all your hard work and to those working with the two youngest too.

2 comments:

Ian Middlemist said...

Sadly the worst team won for some reason. They were worst because they messed around alot. I did not judge the teams. The worst of the three teams was mine! My team (Tea Time) had nothing on Thursday morning. But they all worked really hard through Thursday to finish theirs which ended up looking quite good I thought. The girls team (Goss-Pel Droed) was clearly the best (I have it here). I don't know why they came second. Still great to see them getting so involved. THey were a real pleasure.

Gary Brady said...

No complaints here ann thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to seeing you all.