The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

The Wiz, etc

The two middle boys (*) left from Euston today with friends for the CCIW Camp in West Wales. They will be joined by Rhodri and Sibyl and others from the church. They managed quite a quick turn around as they were camping on the Gower until Thursday with Sibyl's family. Eleri and my youngest had been meanwhile at the annual School rendezvous at the Urdd Centre in Llangrannog. That left just me and Gwion back here. I didn't get as much reading or tidying done as intended but made some progress. Wednesday was my busiest day with a long 'phone call; a short visit from my wife's brother-in-law Ian, who drives up here regularly; a good chat with Barry King about church planting in Wales, a quick visit to the pharmacist for a member plus the midweek meeting in the evening, looking at Jeremiah 18. Thursday evening we were all at the school to watch Gwion in the chorus of a production of The Wiz! It's not a great musical I guess but the kids did fine. One or two were amazing.

No comments: