The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

EMA Stuff


I've saved you my usual moans about the band. I think it's the drums that annoy me most somehow. The building doesn't bother me though on Day 1 I was stuck in "the south transept" - not much fun. There must be hundreds of people here - slightly less on Day 2 than Day 1? Near St Helen's in St Andrew's Undershaft there are just loads of books. I was pleased to see my books on sale. I've not bought anything yet except the £1 offers  - Derek Prime's Bible Answers and David Bentley Taylor's My Dear Erasmus. Tomorrow it's David Cook on Romans. Nice idea. It's always good to meet different people. It's been nice to have Alan Davey here. He spoke about Bordeaux in our meeting last night.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Slightly FEWER than on day 1.