The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Ryan Giggs

I'm in a little dispute with someone over who can draw the most hits to their blog. I did well (unintentionally) with the Pygmalion blog. I mention Ryan Giggs from time to time and I wondered (for some reason) if I might get quite a few hits if I put his name on a blog. Ryan Giggs is a Welshman who plays football for Manchester United. I'll let you know.

6 comments:

Jonathan Hunt said...

How very boring

Gary Brady said...

Yes, but don't you think it's just a little bit fascinating given that we can't really say anything, and instructie even to some extent?

MFH said...

When in prison and we visited you ...if need be

Gary Brady said...

I've said nothing. It's just a name that attracts a lot of hits at the present (as you may see in the bar to the right)

Tom said...

He's beaten those famous ducks anyway

Gary Brady said...

But who can challenge the might of 10 words beginning with X? (Close on 4000 as we speak!)