The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

TTRMOMD 01

Following the series of things that remind me of my mam, I thought that to be fair there ought to be one for my dad. This first is baseball, ie British baseball, which I remember him playing on the ground pictured above. I'm not sure when this picture was taken. Baseball is not the summer game of many places but it is of Newport and Liverpool. I have often wondered if it is a Roman Catholic thing (my dad had a Romanist background) as sports sometimes divide on sectarian lines.

No comments: