The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

New Book

I signed a contract with EP last week for a new book that is due out soon. It is in the What the Bible says about series and is to be called What the Bible says about what Jesus is doing now.
It has proved quite dificult to put together but I think that we have something worthwhile at last and I hope it will be a great help to many in due time.
Watch this space.

1 comment:

Family Blogs said...

Great news Gary...will look forward to reading it. I'm sure sales of Being Born Again have been good - it was a pleasure to read through, and I've gone back to it a number of times when preaching on the New Birth. I found some of your reflections on whether folks should pray for regeneration to be particularly helpful.