The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

My Boys

It's back to school time and so my third son and my youngest (having now recovered from a recent bout of scarlet fever) headed off this morning not too reluctantly. Number 4 started back last week but has gone down with something so he's home again today. Dylan is supposed to be on work experience but that didn't work out so he's not back until Wednesday. His band (Them getaways) did a gig last week at The Water Rats in King's Cross alongside The Milk and other bands. They actually got paid this time. As for Rhodri, he's off to UCCF Forum this week with Sibyl. Looks a mixed bag.

No comments: