The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

GPT


I am currently trying to cut down on some of the things I do and so last FridayI attended my last Grace publications meeting. Above are the latest books. Double click or check here.

3 comments:

Paul Burgess said...

I often wonder how you get so much done? Reading, writing, preaching, visiting, evangelism etc etc. I also remember you very much as a people person and people take time :-)

Jonathan Hunt said...

Gary has magic powers of time compression.

Gary Brady said...

Those look like two very kind (and undeserved) comments. I am basically lazy and unconcerned for others but try to compensate. Do you know Chaucer's wry comment on the man of law in the prologue to the Canterbury Tales "Nowher so bisy a man as he ther nas, And yet he semed bisier than he was"?