The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

A hundred sermons

Readers may be interested to know that there are now one hundred of my sermons on my Preached Sermons blog. This includes a series on Ezekiel and one on Job almost complete - just four sermons to add. Most of my sermons are on computer and so to put them up is usually the work of only 10-15 minutes (checking, reformatting and removing my illustration, application and similar personal prompts). I hope to have the last four sermons on Job up soon. Anyone contemplating a series on Ezekiel or Job would benefit I feel from a look at least. I'm not sure what to put up next. I have lots of material.

No comments: