The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Dominic Holland

I was on Oxford Street catching a bus today and I saw a bloke and I thought I recognised him. So I said "we don't see you on TV these days". He explained that he was still doing stand up but TV has rather dried up (not completely I see from youtube). I remembered his name was Dominic, which he found gratifying. I wanted to say Dominic Crossley Holland but I knew that was wrong - that's someone else. This man is plain Dominic Holland. I knew he had kids but I'd forgotten he has four and all boys like us (though we have five). I read somewhere that one of his is appearing as Billy Elliot. Most of Mr Holland's web details appear out of date. I have no influence as regards who is on TV but if I did I'd give him more exposure. Nice example here. A reminder again that talent is not enough.

No comments: