The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Daily Devotions 02


Earlier this year I tried to combine some devotional reading with my Bible reading and prayer. I found a puritan work here and tried to read a bit each day but that didn't work out. I just found this site and may be that will help in future. This site may also be of interest but has very limited content.
To help with prayer I use GBM's Prayer Diary and the Operation World Prayer Diary (there should be a button for this in my sidebar). More recently in a desire to pray for persecuted Christians with better intelligence I have tried using the prayer guides here and here. I've also turned my own personal prayer diary into an html file for easy access at the same time.
While still in a prayerful spirit I then try and make quick visits to my online bank, my facebook and twitter accounts and one or two other things sometimes eg Youtube.

1 comment:

Paul Burgess said...

I think your OW Prayer Diary links to GBM's Prayer Diary.