The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Luvly Jub'lee


As some of you may know I turned 50 today (like Morrisey and John Sopel). Thanks for all your greetings (cards real and online, phone calls, Facebook messages, etc). I had lovely presents (smellies and cheese and chocs and socks, shirt, money, etc). I especially appreciated The London Encyclopedia from the family - a brilliant buy. My father-in-law wrote me a poem and Rhodri reworked My Brother Jake (My father dad!) to great effect. I think I had four lots of happy birthday sung (from Aber, Cardiff, at home and in church). People are so kind.
Fifty, of course, is pretty old and means most of your life is probably over. So far its been 25 years preparation for the ministry, 25 years of on the job training and now hopefully my best 25 years of service. We'll see. I'm very thankful to God to be alive, to have been converted and to be wanting to serve.

6 comments:

Paul Levy said...

Gary Bradey - 50 years old. I can't believe it. WHen I was growing up you were always one of the young preachers! Big congrats, hope to see you soon

Anonymous said...

Joyeux anniversaire Gary

Doesn't time fly!

many happy birthday wishes from Keith and Janice

Anonymous said...

Feliz cumpleanos de Peru!
Dios te bendiga.
Su hermano,
Andrew

Gary Benfold said...

Happy birthday, my friend. Didn't know you were so young...

Gary Brady said...

I wasn't fishing but Diolch yn fawr; merci beaucoup; Muchas gracias, mi hermano and Bah gum, thank y' kindly.

FT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.