The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Assembly 09 Next Week

I'm hoping to be at the Grace Assembly next week in High Leigh in Hertfordshire. There I'm expecting to meet at least two of these gentlemen with whom I enjoyed the recent outing to Bosworth Field. The irony of the shot of Phil and I in the stocks is that 350 years ago far from being a joke it was a reality for some Baptist ministers.

2 comments:

Guy Davies said...

A couple of our members, John & Hester Coxhead will be going for the first time.

Gary Brady said...

I'll look out for them. I hope they enjoy.