The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Martian life



I don't want to go on about this but this video about the inimitable Julie Fowlis is quite short, in English (mostly), to the point and very informative so might be appreciated by some. (You'll have to listen to the very end to know why I've called this Martian life. [May be she says mar sin leit?] The title also reflects the Mark Radcliffe quotation about music from another world).

1 comment:

Alan said...

I had the privilege of visiting North Uist in 2005 and I am still haunted by the strange beauty of everything :

Psalm 23 sung in Gaelic in the meeting,

a landscape so flat and treeless,

little houses hoping not to be blown into the sea,

I stared and stared out of the window - it was like visiting Mars.