The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Michael McIntyre


I happened to see this the other night. John Cleese introducing an evening of comedy for Prince Charles is only mildly funny I'm afraid but about 2' 20" Michael McIntyre comes on and after a bit he is hilarious (and totally clean).

2 comments:

Alan said...

Phew ! Last person who showed us Malcolm Mackintosh on Youtube it had really naughty words.

And you know how it is. This august senior Christian statesman is watching over your shoulder and you are all feigning selective deafness and wondering at what point you click on the [x]. Ordeal over, you say "Oh yes, that was frightfully funny..."

Gary Brady said...

Thanks for warning me, Alan, I don't know the man at all.
They used to do profiles in ET. A question they avoided was 'what's your favourite TV prog?' - knowing that once selected it would nose dive in tone and people would be appalled.
A hidden talent I have is walking in when Eleri's watching something and suddenly the dialogue will take a turn for the worse.