The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Irish acts

All these have given and do give pleasure to a greater or lesser extent. Sláinte!

1. Horslips
2. Enya
3. The Chieftains
4. U2
5. Clannad
6. Thin Lizzy
7. Snow Patrol
8. The Corrs
9. Planxty
10. Van Morrison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giving pleasure "to a lesser extent" is an interesting concept.....does that mean, Gary, that they are minimalists when it comes to tickling your fancy..?

Anonymous said...

Gary,

Hello, my name is Tanner Turley. I am a seminary student in the US who is researching the life and ministry of octavius winslow. I found the posts you did on winslow a couple of years ago. Would you mind to email me at your convenience? My email is: tturley@sebts.edu