The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Paned Power etc

"With a cup of tea in your hand, anything is possible". Leading the sheltered life I do I'd never seen a Welsh joke card before. Someone sent this card to Eleri the other week. (September is full of birthdays in our family - Dewi, Eleri, gwion, my sister, etc). They have them here.
There was bound to be a problem somewhere. I notice that one (Pillars of the community and Archers fans) had to say "and never miss Cefn Gwlad" (a Welsh programme for farmers I think). See here.

No comments: