The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Best ofs 05


The Beach Boys are technically before my time but I have pieced together something of their history over the years. Someone in college had a tape of their hits so I got to know them a bit then. The 20 track compilation The Very Best of the Beach Boys is sold at a snip and is enough for me. I was staying over somewhere once and being left to myself I had chance to play through the legendary Pet Sounds which was okay but I guess I was just too late for it. I love the Beatles parody Back in the USSR. More here. Anyway top seven Beach Boys hits?


1. Barbara Ann
2. Sloop John B
3. Good vibrations
4. I get around
5. Surfin' USA
6. California Girls
7. I can hear music

No comments: