The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Do you get these?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets these things. I try to spend only a second on them but this one caught my eye. It was in Comic sans font so I thought it might be genuine(!)
Dear Abbey Customer
Due to multiple attempt error while trying to login in to your online Abbey Account. We believed that someone other than you is trying to access your Account For security reasons, we have temporarily Flagged your Online Access and your access to online banking will be restricted if you fail to Verify and re-confirm your membership details.
...
The irony is that my spammer gets things I want but couldn't spot this! Ah the joys of e-mail.

1 comment:

Family Blogs said...

Hi Gary,
I get these all the time, as well as one from someone purporting to be suffering from a terminal illness in the Ivory Coast, and who wants to give me (or the church I attend) millions of pounds.
Bit of nuisance, but they're normally written in hilarious English.