The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

ABBA


Eleri, Rhodri and Sibyl went to see the movie 'Mamma mia' last night. Rhodri talks about it here. He ventures his Abba favourite. Here's mine. The opening 20 seconds of the song and video are just great. And (as my father might put it) "'ark at that piano". This is about as good as pop music gets.

PS (and I might regret this) What's your favourite?

1 comment:

Samuel Boppuri said...

Hi Gary, this is samuel boppuri, a former student of LTS and a freind of mark raines( hope you do remember me), currently working in India to extend as His servant. I would like to check this blog out every day. I wonder if 'Heavenly Worldliness' means 'Heavenly mindedness'?