The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Englisc words we know

Someone said to me 'what about English words we know in English?'. By that I guess we mean Anglo-Saxon or Old English or Englisc as they called it then. There are plenty of them still in use today - as a Welshman I am aware of the fact (Welsh from wealh - foreigner)! Here are ten that as far as I am aware have remained completley unchanged these 1200 years and more.


1. Storm
2. Flint
3. Corn
4. Fox
5. Up
6. With
7. Great
8. Swift
9. Full
10. Land

No comments: