The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Eye Test

I had an eye test this morning. I've never had a full one before. I'm in my late 40s though and spending a lot of time blogging so I can struggle ever so slightly at times - like the score in the corner of the screen when the rugby world cup is on. When we got a free coupon for a test in Vision Express (normally £28) I decided to I get myself across to Brent Cross and book in.

I saw two people and looked into three different machines (including one that blew puffs of air into your eyes - slightly bothersome) as well as looking at the eye charts. My right eye is stronger than my left but all in all they're not in bad shape though reading glasses might be worth getting hold of to make reading more restful. This page talks you through it if you're thinking of going - Vision Express (now expired).

No comments: