The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Famous dogs (fictional)

And one last one for now -

1. Fred Basset
2. Krypto
3. Black Bob
4. Lassie
5. Rin Tin Tin
6. Benji
7. Old Yeller
8. Snowy
9. Eddie
10. Astro
PS I should stress it's nostalgia I'm into not dogs as such.

4 comments:

Guy Davies said...

"I should stress it's nostalgia I'm into not dogs as such." -

That's OK then.

Alan said...

In France the comic strip cowboy Lucky Luke has a wonder dog called Rantanplan. ( Sometimes translated into English as Rin-Tin-Can )

Lucky Luke is quicker than his own shadow, but Rantanplan is more stupid than his own shadow.

I should stress it's cultural understanding I'm into not cartoon strips as such.

brent said...

Oh man, how could you leave out Scooby-Doo?

Gary Brady said...

Brent This oversight is unforgiveable. I can only think I just don't see Scooby as a dog anymore. (Deputy Dawg misses out for the same reason).