The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Cruise 08


Okay, so we finally came full circle and arrived back in Palma, Mallorca. There we disembarked and flew back to Bristol. Well, what a holiday and all thanks to the kindness of my old dad. He'll be 78 next month and has kept in reasonably good health since the heart by-pass. His facility with words is not what it once was but one of the highlights of the trip for me was having a good chinwag with him. I especially liked it when we had a son or two sat with us too. There's something fascinating about the generation thing. It made me remember my dad's father too, a Roman Catholic steelworker born in the black country but who moved to Newport, South Wales as a youngster.
[Pics: My dad and sister in the lift; Mallorca dawn; typical food display on board; last shot in the Captain's Club/Library]

No comments: