The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Colours Songs


1. Colours by Donovan
2. Black Beauty by Focus
3. My White Bicycle by Nazareth4. Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs5. Mr Blue Sky by ELO6. Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell7. Golden Brown by The Stranglers8. Orange Drive by The Joachim Kuhn Band
9. Shades of Gray by The Monkees
10. Purple Rain by Prince

5 comments:

Reformed Renegade said...

I think I might have picked Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix or Purple Rain by Prince. :-)

Guy Davies said...

Yellow Coldplay

Gary Brady said...

Purple Haze would have been a better choice. Guy, why am I not surprised? (You do know that the colour was inspired by seeing a 'phone book).

Reformed Renegade said...

Whoops, that should have been Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix OVER Purple Rain by Prince. But I think you know what I meant. You seem to have Jan Akkerman listed almost everytime on one of these lists and you have a link to his page here. I was a fan of his on this side of the pond when no one really knew who he was back in the mists of time (when I was in my early 20's). :-)

Gary Brady said...

He's still going. I've heard him a few times and hope to hear him live in May. I had a nice long serious chat to him once and have passed on good books.