The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Bird Songs


Bird not Byrds

1. I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado
2. Three Little Birds by Bob Marley
3. I'm A Cuckoo by Belle and Sebastian
4. The Snow Goose by Camel
5. Hurkey Turkey by Focus
6. Ride A White Swan by T Rex
7. Year Of The Falcon by Edgar Froese
8. Kite by U2
9. Dove by Tyrannosaurus Rex
10. Try To Use My Wings by Cyril Havermanns

2 comments:

Martin Downes said...

C'mon Gary where's Blackbird? And the hypnotic Albatross?

Gary Brady said...

No excuses. Unforgiveable errors I confess.:-{