The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Bloggy Special 06

This is based on an idea of one of my sons (crucial to the joke really). The brand new blog is found here and deals with the history of the local church of which I am pastor.

2 comments:

TheSaxonHus said...

Pastor Brady,

What a blessing I received today when I took your link in this entry and viewed your church history site. There, to my amazement and delight, I found my professor, friend, mentor, and hero (at least one of my Christian heroes!) Dr. John Pretlove! I knew he was a graduate of Spurgeon's College but did not know the name of the church he pastored. This was a wonderful surprise after a very trying week.

I have forwarded the link to him so he can see himself in the past!

Thank you so much!

Bruce D. Walker

Gary Brady said...

Thanks for that. I have met Dr Pretlove just once. I remember seeing a letter in the Banner of Truth Magazine many years ago referring to him like your statement. That wasn't you was it? I hope Dr P won't mind me having put up such a photo.