The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Spot the mistake 01

I thought this representation of the High Priest would be a good illustration but there is one obvious mistake here. Can you tell me what? I like spotting mistakes like this. If there 's a response I might try another one on you.

6 comments:

Family Blogs said...

I don't see any bells on the hem of the garment, but perhaps that's more my eyesight than a mistake in the diagram!!

Gary Brady said...

Perhaps you do need glasses! What I was thinking of was further up. I just talked to my wife about it and she thought I might be reading Exodus 28 too strictly. I'll leave it a little while longer.

Anonymous said...

The ephod is missing.

Gary Brady said...

Now you mention it, I can't see any richly ornamented robe. What I was referring to was the configuration of the gems, which on my reading of Exodus 28 (in English I admit) would suggest four rows of three gems not three rows of four. Ah well, I'll put another one up to bemuse.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm confused because the picture shows 4 rows of 3 anyway.

The ehpod is quite clearly missing - fancy you not spotting that!!;-)

Gary Brady said...

Now we're into 'what is a row?'. I suppose we could have a row about rows! I see four columns of three. What about Elijah?