The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Beatles First Day Cover

I nearly forgot but thankfully I was in the Post office this afternoon and remembered to buy and post my Beatles Stamps First Day Cover. Growing up as I did in the sixties, the Beatles are part of my life and I have all their main albums on CD. I'm old enough to remember going upstairs in an electrical shop in Cwmbran to buy Ticket to Ride and I Feel Fine. I remember seeing them on TV and my mother took me to see Help! in the cinema in Newport. I was also the owner of a Beatles jigsaw and an orange acoustic guitar with their autographs bought in Woolworths one Christmas. I kept for years a badge from a 'lucky bag' saying 'I love Ringo'. You'll see one or two Beatles books in my library. I did enjoy Steve Turner's recent tome.
See here for more on the first day covers and here for an interesting wikipedia article.

No comments: