The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Banner Magazine online


I've been taking the Banner of Truth Magazine since I was a young man and I have all 519 editions in my collection. It can be a bit pedestrian at times but it is a fine magazine that should appeal to all who have any commitment to the historic Reformed Faith of Luther, Calvin and those who preceded and followed them.
It is currently under the editorship of Walt Chantry.
Since February an electronic edition of the mag has been availiable. I'm a bit slow with these things and my first copy came the other day. It is the December issue. They send you a pdf file with the magazine on plus a bonus article, which this time is the introduction to a reprint they are doing of a rare work by David Dickson (1583-1633), which is a commentary on the Westminster Confession.
Two of the main articles (by Calvin and Maurice Roberts) are on the threefold division of the law, something widely dismissed in our day.
One is free to share this stuff but, as they say, the magazine needs funds to survive.
Check out the website for more details

No comments: